For the past several years, JKJ has been growing it’s intern program with Colleges and Universities in different parts of the country. This year we welcome five interns with a variety of educational backgrounds with the majority coming to us from Risk Management and Insurance programs from Temple University and St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia.
JKJ invests in the program to mentor our Millennials and gain their perspective on business, technology and culture in the workplace. The students are given daily tasks as well as long term projects. They are assigned to mentor teams comprising of professionals with backgrounds in business development, account management, customer service accounting and technology. The mentor teams are responsible to provide the interns with practical business and insurance experience and the interns are responsible to gain knowledge and to apply their education to practical business situations. The program is intended to be competitive and fun for everyone involved.
The interns collaborate on a couple of long term assignments with one another as well as compete on their own ideas for implementation into JKJ’s culture and business process. We look forward to evolving the program with our client’s business needs and our own strategic business processes in mind.
- Will be studying abroad in Galway, Ireland this fall! ~Megan Rogers
- Loves cars – taught himself how to work on cars and performed 2 motor swaps in his garage. ~Eyad Kabbani
- Absolutely loves researching conspiracy theories and totally believes in Aliens and all paranormal activity. Her favorite conspiracy right now is that Avril Lavigne is actually dead and her stunt double is continuing her career.~ Sarah Misiano
- I was always involved in multiple sports as a kid, all the way up to playing lacrosse in college. With that, I was taught discipline, loyalty, and cooperation skills. My parents always kept me busy to make sure I wouldn’t form bad habits as I got older. ~ Matt Vetter
- My family and I went to Alaska when I was in middle school and it was much different than anywhere else I have been. We went on top of a glacier during a tour and it was the most interesting place I’ve ever been.~ Tom Heitzman
Our JKJ Interns for Summer 2017:
- Eyad Kabbani: Temple University, Degree: Risk Management & Insurance with an Management Information Systems (MIS) minor, Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2018My family and I went to Alaska when I was in middle school and it was much different than anywhere else I have been. We went on top of a glacier during a tour and it was the most interesting place I’ve ever been.
- Matt Vetter: University of Tampa, Degree: Business Finance, Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2019
- Megan Rogers: Saint Joseph’s University, Degree: Risk Management & Insurance, Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2018
- Sarah Misiano: Temple University, Degree: Risk Management & Insurance and Minor in Marketing, Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2018
- Tom Heitzman: University of Pittsburgh, Degree: Finance and Minor in Economics, Anticipated Graduation Date: April 2019