After decades of progress in diagnostics, treatments and understanding of risk factors, breast cancer still remains the most common cancer in women.
The overall incidence of breast cancer is projected to double globally by year 2040 and occur more frequently in younger women.
That is why we, at JKJ, are sending this very important message out to our clients. We want breast cancer awareness month to be at the forefront of all our clients minds.
There are many ways in which we are doing just that:
- Sending newsletters out to all of our clients electronically, reminding them of the importance of breast cancer awareness and encouraging them to spread the word.
- Providing our clients with pink ribbons to wear throughout the month.
- Encouraging our clients to sign up for Denim Day and wear denim in support of breast cancer awareness.
- Giving our clients tie dye bracelets saying “show you care, be aware” at the Dallas Leading Age Conference, in support of all cancer research.
- Arranging presentations for our clients on breast health and wellness by healthcare professionals.
- Asking our clients to take pictures of themselves dressed in pink in honor of breast cancer awareness.
As you can see, JKJ is helping spread the word, encouraging the movement towards reducing the incidents of breast cancer, and motivating other to do the same.
Author: Molly Rosenquist, Health & Wellness Coordinator